The Pallavicini Casino dell’Aurora, a jewel of the early Roman baroque in the city center of Rome, stands on the Quirinal hill (in the past called Monte Cavallo) inside the wonderful architectural complex of Palazzo Pallavicini Rospigliosi, once the seat of the magnificent Baths of Costantine. The double Pastorella’s staircase, with busts and statues of Roman origin, leads to a spacious secret garden and to the Casino dell’Aurora, built by the Flemish architect Giovanni Vasanzio for Cardinal Scipione Borghese between 1612 and 1613 . The beauty of the Casino is made up of marble reliefs from slabs of Roman sarcophagi of the 2nd and 3rd century A.D. sharing the “love-death” theme, inserted in the façade. The pavilion has three connecting halls. The large central room, with glass doorway and the famous frescoes “L’Aurora” by Guido Reni on the vault, besides “the Four Seasons” by Paul Bril and “The Triumphs” by Antonio Tempesta; its artistic and cultural value is also expressed through the presence of the ancient statues “Artemis the Huntress”, the most complete of those known from the Hellenistic period, and “Rospigliosi Athena”. Two smaller rooms, opened to the left and to the right, have fresco ceilings by Passignano and Baglione and the walls are hung with numerous precious paintings from Pallavicini’s Collection. The Casino dell’Aurora is the prestigious and exclusive venue for special visits and important meetings, exhibitions, concerts, conferences and gala dinner, also in the garden even with gazebo designed for the occasion. Its central position, in the heart of Rome, makes it easily reachable with any means of transport.
All three rooms are air conditioned.
Total dark in the two side rooms and partial dark in the central entrance hall.
The large 1900 square meter garden can host seated dinners for 400/500 people and standing cocktails for 700/800 pax.